Do You Have Musical Talents?
Find out by checking out a guitar or ukulele!
HOW TO BORROW
- You must be 18+ years old.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Have an ALPL account in good standing.
- Sign the ALPL Musical Instrument Agreement every time you borrow an instrument.
- One instrument per Library card.
- Instruments are loaned for three (3) weeks.
- If the instrument is not reserved (on hold) for another patron, you may renew it up to two (2) times.
- Overdue fine for instruments is $5 per day.
Please be considerate of fellow patrons and return instruments on time and in good condition.
The smallest, most traditional-sized ukulele with nylon strings, the soprano ukulele is the easiest to finger. Perfect for new learners.
Also called an alto ukulele, the concert size is similar in look and sound to the soprano ukulele. The larger neck accommodates bigger hands.
With heavy-gauge strings, acoustic guitars require firm hand strength for fingering and picking.
Typically, physically easier to play than an acoustic guitar. Electric guitar bundles include an amp and connecting cord.
Similar to an electric guitar, with a longer neck and scale length with only
four strings. Bass guitar bundles include an amp and connecting cord.