The cost of cable television programming keeps rising. Do you still need it? There are alternatives, and the Library can help!
There is no "one size fits all" solution; you will have to make some of your own decisions and keep your ear to the ground. Things change fast. Follow the latest developments at Cord Cutting Report and Cord Cutter Talk.
AT THE LIBRARY
- Borrow a wifi hotspot if you do not have the internet at home
- Borrow ROKU streaming device to access services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, SlingTV
- Or borrow and stream with a Kindle Fire
- Stream video for free via Kanopy, hoopla, Acorn-TV, and Great Courses
You can also skip the internet and borrow a DVD or Blu-Ray disc from our collection of over 39,000 titles!
- Guide to Streaming Video Services
- Cable vs. Streaming - decide which is best for your needs and budget
Over-the-Air Digital TV
- Local channels are available over-the-air digitally with a digital antenna. Find out what channels you could get using the map on TV Fool. Pro tip: An antenna placed higher up and close to a window works the best.