CORONAVIRUS PRECAUTIONS AT THE LIBRARY
The Library is temporarily closed. We hope to reopen with regular hours on Monday, May 4.
All classes, programs, meetings, and events are canceled through May.
The book drop is closed. All materials checked out will not be due until Monday, May 11 and will be fine free.
Furthermore, while our physical location will be closed to the public, we will continue to provide many online digital services, such as e-books, e-audiobooks, streaming movies, and TV services, online newspapers and magazines, language courses, and more at https://alpl.org/digital-media/
We will also be monitoring our firstname.lastname@example.org email for limited online assistance and questions during our closure period. The Library will also post updates and further announcements on our Facebook page.
We will continue to monitor the situation and work with public health officials to determine any action the Library needs to take and respond accordingly.
Our goal continues to be serving the public while doing our part to keep everyone healthy and safe.
To stay healthy, the CDC and other health agencies recommend:
- Washing your hands frequently. Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home and away from others if you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces frequently.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
For updates and accurate information on the coronavirus outbreak, visit these sites: