Avon Lake Public Library Guidelines for Patron Conduct
MAKE YOUR LIBRARY EXPERIENCE THE BEST IT CAN BE
1. Wear proper street attire, including shirts and shoes.
2. Behave in a courteous manner. Refrain from loud talking, yelling, rowdy behavior, verbal abuse and obscene language.
3. Behave in an orderly manner. Refrain from running – your safety is a major concern – and loitering in the Library and on library grounds.
4. Be courteous of others when using a cell phone. Silence your ringers. Hold lengthy conversations far away from others or outside of the building.
5. Park bicycles in the bicycle racks and lock them to prevent theft.
6. Be respectful of people when petitioning for signatures. Members of the public may circulate petitions outside the Library from the east/west sidewalk east of the mailbox on the south side, and/or the east/west city sidewalk on the north side.
1. Consume alcohol, smoke or use tobacco products in the Library.
2. Post personal or business advertisements on the public bulletin boards. (Public service and nonprofit postings must be approved by the Public Relations Coordinator or the Director.)
3. Make solicitations of library staff or patrons.
· A courtesy phone for brief, local calls is located at the north end of the Circulation desk.
THE LIBRARY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO…
· The Board of Library Trustees reserves the right to revoke the library privileges of any person whose behavior constitutes a nuisance to other library patrons, staff and/or library property.
· Library staff reserves the right to call parents/guardians of minors who violate these guidelines, and to call the police in the event of serious disorderly conduct on the part of any patron.