1. A library-sponsored program will take precedence over community groups for use of a tentatively scheduled room on that date or at that time. An attempt will be made to provide an alternate date or time for the group.
2. The name, address, telephone number or e-mail address of the Avon Lake Public Library may not be used as the contact person.
3. The use of the meeting room by a non-library group shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply Library sponsorship of the group’s activities unless the activity is being co-sponsored by the Library.
4. Prompt notification to the Library of cancellation of a meeting is required. The Library does not post signs about such cancellations.
5. An adult leader must be present at all times and be responsible for the supervision for any group of children under the age of 18 using the meeting rooms. Note: The Library’s Safe Child Policy forbids children under 8 years of age to visit the Library unaccompanied by an adult.
6. The meeting/program must be held within the confines of the meeting room and cannot cause disturbance to those using the Library’s public areas.
7. Refreshments may be served in the meeting rooms. Smoking, use of open flames and alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Groups are responsible for protecting carpeting and tabletops from damage and stains. A group serving refreshments is responsible for cleaning up following its meeting. Damages in excess of normal wear and tear as determined by the Director or the Director’s designee will be charged to the group.
8. Artwork displayed in meeting rooms may not be moved or touched.
9. Library meeting rooms may be used by political groups for regular meetings of an organizational nature. They may be used for public forums, debates and candidates’ nights but not for promotion of any one candidate.
10. Library meeting rooms are not available to non-library groups or individuals for the promotion or sales of services or products, fundraising, conducting classes for profit or private social functions. No admission or attendance charge or required donation may be assessed by any non-library group using a meeting room. However, groups may charge a reasonable fee to recover the cost of materials, handouts, craft-making supplies, refreshments, etc. Arrangements for any such fees have to be approved at the time of booking the room reservation.
11. The Library does not endorse the views expressed by any group or individual using its meeting rooms, but does endorse the right of those individuals or groups to express their views so long as they abide by the policies and rules governing the use for the library meeting rooms. However, all meetings must conform to local community standards of decency.