We have new ways to access media, yours and ours, new and old.
Most items circulate for 7 days (some for 21 days as indicated) and all are subject to a $1.00/day overdue fine.
Follow the links provided to our online catalog for further details, and to check availability.
Reformat Refresh Rediscover
Do you have old media? We have the means to help you save it.
- Includes required cords, adapters, memory cards and instructions.
- Scans up to 5×7 photos at high or low resolution (feed through method) to memory card for transfer.
- Portable “wand” scans to PDF or JPG (roll across method) to memory card. AA batteries required.
- Converts 8mm and Super8 film to digital files.
Audio and Data Converters
- Plays at 33.3, 45 and 78 rpm. Output via USB or audio out jack. Capture with your choice of digital audio editing software, or use Audacity (basic instructions provided).
- Captures cassette audio directly to flash drive. Powered by battery or USB. Edit with your choice of software, or use Audacity (basic instructions provided).
- Adapt various memory cards so data can be read via USB on older computers.
- Reads 3.5 inch floppy drive through USB for newer computers.
- Connect any audio device to a Bluetooth device, or vice versa — for newer cars, etc.
- Send your audio to any nearby FM radio — for “old school” cars
Try out what’s available digitally without making a huge investment. Even if you already “stream” and “e-read,” our devices contain content you won’t have to purchase.
- Get your data via 4G or LTE signal. Use wherever you can use most cell phones. These portable devices can be charged by USB and AC adaptor.
- Connects easily to most TV sets.
- Operated entirely by on-screen menus and simple remote. Requires an internet connection in order to work.
- All include access to Netflix, Amazon Prime movies and television and VUDU (access to hundreds of movies purchased by the Library, including the entire Star Wars series).
- Channels such as Hulu and Sling are available if you have a password or a trial available, but please delete your credentials before you return.
- Many other channels are included, but only staff can add additional ones.
Roku 3 HDMI only connection to TV, connect by wifi or ethernet cable.
Video Game Consoles
- PlayStation 3: Plays Playstation 3 (but not Playstation 4) games, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and music CDs. Kit includes a power cable, one wireless controller, one controller charge cable, and component cables (these are the red, blue, and green cables that connect to your TV).
- Xbox 360: Plays Xbox 360 (but not Xbox One) games, DVDs, and music CDs. Kit includes a power cable, one controller, one controller charge cable, and component cables (these are the red, blue, and green cables that connect to your TV).
- Wii: Plays Wii (but not Wii U) games. Included items are a power cable, two Wii-motes, two Nunchucks, batteries, a sensor bar, and AV cables.
E-readers (note: 21 day loan period)
- Choose Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite or Nook Touch
- Preloaded with ebooks purchased by the Library — no need to log in or download — see respective catalog records for title lists.
Kindle Fire Tablets
- (regular and HD) Includes Kindle ebooks purchased by the Library and access to Amazon Prime movies and television.
- Camera and accessories, including extra battery packs, head-mount and tripod.
Things you didn’t know we had — to examine your environment, explore the universe, or make a presentation perfect.
- Air Quality Meter
- Radon Gas Detection Meter
- Power Consumption Meter
- Temperature/Humidity Monitor
- Thermal Imager (aka Infrared Camera or FLIR)
(The following items are checked out from the Circulation desk.)
Portable Screens (3 sizes, measured on the diagonal)
- Panasonic Digital Projector
- Apollo Presentations Overhead Projector
- Kodak Medalist AF Slide Projector
- Digital Presenter (document camera)
You must be 18 or older to borrow equipment. Some items will require you to present photo ID and complete an agreement.
Equipment can be checked out from the INFORMATION or CIRCULATION desks. Return items to the desk you borrowed them from so staff can check them over.
Equipment may be held through our online catalog, to be picked up at the respective service desk.
Renewals or extended loans cannot be made online, but can be made by Library staff under special circumstances.
Partially damaged equipment or equipment returned with parts missing will be billed at Library discretion.