Teacher Loan Guidelines
A separate Teacher Loan library card for Avon Lake Public Library will be issued upon request to primary and secondary teachers, pre-school teachers and homeschooling instructors, residing and/or working in Avon Lake.
- Materials checked out on a Teacher Loan library card should be for classroom use only and not for personal borrowing, such as current fiction and bestsellers. All materials are checked out and returned at the Circulation desk. In order to facilitate the check-out process, please present your Teacher Loan library card when checking out at the Circulation desk.
- Hot Picks materials may not be checked out on a Teacher Loan library card.
- The loan period, for most materials, is 21 days. The loan period for DVDs, that are no longer Hot Picks, is seven (7) days. Extended loan periods are set by the department, loaning the materials.
- The Teacher Loan library card has a maximum loan of 50 items at any one time.
- Fines will be charged as usual. Overdue notices will be sent as usual.
- All materials checked out on a Teacher Loan library card are the responsibility of the teacher. Damaged, lost or stolen materials are the financial obligation of the teacher. When Teacher Loan materials are 45 days overdue, the teacher will be billed for the cost of the replacement of those materials.
- A Teacher Loan library card with excessively overdue materials and/or fines and fees will be blocked until materials are returned and the fines and fees are resolved.
- The Teacher Loan library card is for use at Avon Lake Public Library only. Other libraries do not honor our Teacher Loan card.
The Children’s, Young Adult and Adult Services staff can pre-select materials
for teachers with a minimum of a few days’ notice.
Call 440.933.8128 to contact the department best suited to meet your educational needs.